Strulch – Innovative Organic Straw Mulch 9kg
- Reduces weed growth by up to 95%
- Mulch helps retain moisture around plants
- Mulch enriches soil and its structure
- Mulch is suitable around flowers, shrubs, fruit and vegetables
- The straw garden mulch, lasts up to two years, spreading the cost, saving water and fertiliser, making your plants grow healthier and stronger and giving you more time to relax.
- The physical properties of Strulch mulch together with the embedded minerals deters slugs and snails.
Email when stock available
Shipping charge is calculated by the size of the order - Place your items in the cart and simply pop in your postcode ONLY for the delivery cost.
ORDER BY 3PM FOR NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY – SELECT DPD AT CHECKOUT
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
- How To Use
Strulch is a light and easy to use garden mulch made from wheat straw for organic gardening. A patented process developed by Dr Geoff Whiteley at The University of Leeds, is used to ‘preserve’ the straw so that it lasts for up to two years and gives an earthy brown colour.
Strulch has a neutral pH and can be used throughout the garden on borders, raised beds, around cultivated fruit and on vegetable plots.
|Dimensions||60 × 40 × 20 cm|
|5 Product MPN||
- Prepare the area where you want to apply the mulch by clearing away any weeds or debris.
- Water the area thoroughly to ensure the soil is moist.
- Measure the area you want to cover with Strulch Organic Dual Action Garden Straw Mulch. One 9kg bag will cover approximately 3 square meters (32 square feet) to a depth of 5-7cm (2-3 inches).
- Spread the Strulch Organic Dual Action Garden Straw Mulch over the soil to the desired depth. Be sure to avoid covering any plants or seedlings.
- Smooth the mulch out evenly, taking care not to leave any clumps or gaps.
- Water the mulch gently to settle it into place.
- Monitor the moisture level of the soil regularly and water as needed to ensure the plants are getting enough water.
- As the mulch breaks down over time, it will add nutrients to the soil and improve soil structure. Add a fresh layer of Strulch Organic Dual Action Garden Straw Mulch each year to maintain optimal weed suppression and soil fertility.
- Don’t apply the mulch too close to the stems of plants, as this can cause moisture to accumulate and lead to disease.
- If you’re using the mulch on a vegetable garden, be sure to avoid getting it on any edible parts of the plants.
- Strulch Organic Dual Action Garden Straw Mulch is safe to use around pets and wildlife.